From Tunnels to Locals
From Tunnels to Locals
Ho Chi Minh City, still often called Saigon, has been a city of immigrants since its founding in the 17 century. It was once a small fishing village that has expanded to well over 2,000km2 with a population somewhere between 7 and 9 million (many residents are not registered). Recognized as a Mecca of commerce, its bustling chaos makes it easily Vietnam’s most exciting city. But it’s also a city with a chequered history and a rich culture....
Price from : 63 USDBook now
Ho Chi Minh City, still often called Saigon, has been a city of immigrants since its founding in the 17 century. It was once a small fishing village that has expanded to well over 2,000km2 with a population somewhere between 7 and 9 million (many residents are not registered). Recognized as a Mecca of commerce, its bustling chaos makes it easily Vietnam’s most exciting city. But it’s also a city with a chequered history and a rich culture. Its pagodas, museums, public buildings, parks, and boulevards make it a magnet for visitors. Let’s look beyond the modern high-rises and see a more authentic, historic side of Ho Chi Minh City and its suburbs.
- See Ho Chi Minh city's famous historic landmarks
- Walk through the city's vibrant street life
- Enjoy the tranquil river scenery
- Learn about Vietnam's war time and experience the incredible Cu Chi tunnels
WHAT TO BRING:
- Sun & rain gear
- Walking sandals/shoes
DAY 1 FROM TUNNELS TO LOCAL
Meal: vegetarian lunch | Accommodation: not included
Our guide and driver will be ready to pick us up around 8:30 in our hotel to leave Saigon and head to the amazing 200km tunnel network from which communist guerillas waged their successful campaign in the 1960s and 70s.
Upon arrival, we will be introduced to the fascinating history related to the construction of the tunnels’, so that we can better enjoy afterwards our exploration of the tunnels system. The peaceful atmosphere of this area today may make you imagine the destruction, damage & defoliation over this whole area, caused by the bombing and mine. There is plenty of evidence of the fierce battle that took place here during the 1960s when Cu Chi was a “Free Target Zone”.
After the tunnels, we will hop on our car again for a short drive. En route, we will have the chance to stop and walk to a beautiful pagoda nearby. It’s not a normal visit but to get involved with the local Buddhist community. There’s a chance to understand Buddhism practicing in Vietnam and also have your vegetarian lunch. Come back to Ho Chi Minh city in the late afternoon by private pick–up.
PRICE PER PERSON BASED ON GROUP TOUR
Price per person
based on a group of 2
|1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2023||
* Fixed prices in USD. Prices in VND are subject to currency fluctuations upon making the trip reservation.
* Would you like to adapt the itinerary, accommodation, length of the trip, or any activity as per your needs and preferences? Then just forward us your comments at email@example.com.
* Special prices for groups of more than 2 people, children, and the possibility to connect the tour with other stages of your trip around Indochina by contacting us.
* A private trip for a solo traveler is also available with a surcharge.
- Transportation in appropriate vehicle with experienced driver as stated.
- Meals as specified on the program.
- All entrance fees, visits and activities mentioned on the program.
- The services of an experienced English-speaking guide.
- VAT and other taxes.
- Flight tickets or visas.
- Beverages, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Supplements on peak season.